< Back to the Schools page.
WORCESTERSHIRE AT WAR
For the last three years we have been offering workshops for Key stage1 and 2 in the Worcestershire Soldier Galleries. Our aim being to support the teaching of ‘Remembrance’ and the ‘Evacuee Experience’ with activities, story telling and object handling.
Building on the success of these workshops we are pleased to offer an extended programme of activities, and to welcome DISCOVER HISTORY, the historical interpretation group, into the partnership. The Home Front will be explored, and children will take on the role of the Civil Defence!
We now offer:
KEY STAGE 1
• What are we remembering on Remembrance Day? – with ‘Pattern 23’
KEY STAGE 2
• What was it like for children in WW2? – with ‘Pattern 23’
• War time in Worcester! – with ‘Discover History’
• Please find attached a summary, costing and sample time-table for the
Key stage 1 and 2 workshops.
• The workshops and activities will commence w/c 5th October 2009 and run throughout the Autumn term.
• If you wish to book a group visit, please contact:
Angela Bishop, Visitor Services Manager, on (01905) 25371.
This new and exciting approach promises to
capture the children’s imagination!!
And …. to support the ‘Remembrance Activities’, we now offer a
School Resource Box, packed full with handling objects and information to support classroom learning. Please ask for further details.
Click [ here ] to download the sample timetable (MS Word Doc format)