Lea and Perrins. Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce
is perhaps the city's most famous product. It was first produced
in Worcester by two chemists, John Wheeley Lea and William Perrins,
and went on sale in 1837. It is still produced in the city today,
although the origin of the recipe remains a mystery. Labels
from the earliest bottles include the message: "..from the recipe
of a nobleman of the county".