In the 1880ís the museum
committee sought the advice of the British Museum and Dr Henry
Woodward submitted a long report making recommendations on
the future management of the Museum.
the foundation stone was laid by King George the V for a new
building to house the Museum, Art Gallery and Library. This
building was opened to the public in 1896 and is the present
home of Worcester City Art Gallery, Museum and Library.