The Public Library and Hastings Museum (before 1896)
The public library and
Hastings Museum occupied this building on the site of
the present Odeon Cinema from 1836 until the present Victoria
Institute opened in 1896. By the 1880's it was clear that
Worcester needed a large, more up-to-date museum, and
in 1884 a campaign was started to combine a museum, library
and school of art and science in one building.