Talbot Street, looking north (1975)
A view to the north along
Talbot Street showing Fownes glove factory on the right.
The half-timbered Lasletts Almshouses, on the left, were
built in 1912. William Laslett, MP for Worcester from
1852, had bought the former City Gaol on this site and
adapted the cells as Almshouses in 1867. The line of the
city wall can be followed to the right of the Almshouses.