The Silver Cinema opened in 1915 in Foregate Street.
The building had originally been built in 1835 to house the
Hastings Museum and Public Library (marked on the left on the
1886 1:2500 OS map). However this moved to a new site in 1896
leaving the building free to be converted. Following the cinema's
closure in the 1930's it was demolished along with both of its
neighbours to make room for the Odeon Cinema, which is still
in use today.