College Street, shown on the left on the 1886 1:2500
OS map), where trams use to run until 1928. St Michael's has
today been replaced by a roundabout, while College Street still
runs along the same path with many of the buildings on either
side still standing. The iron railings around the cathedral
were removed during the war for use as scrap metal and today
a memorial stands inside the wall to remember all those from
Worcester who fell during the wars of the 20th century.